UP Ration Cards are one of the most important documents issued by the state Uttar Pradesh government. Usually, Rations Cards are provided to a household that comes under a category in which every state government provides Wheat, Sugar and Rice at subsidized rate through the Public Distribution System (PDS) under the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
UP Ration Cards are allotted on the basis of a number of people in a family and every category of a ration card determines a person’s entitlement to rationed goods. Rations Card is also an important identity proof of the individual’s residence, which is often used in making a domicile certificate, birth certificate, voter ID card etc.
State Governments across the country have recently begun digitalising the Ration cards. The process of switching to digital ration card has not been completed yet as the administration of these cards is handled by individual state governments.
UP Ration Card Types
BPL cards (Below Poverty Line)
BPL Ration cards are allotted to people who live below the poverty line and have an annual income below Rs 10,000.
APL cards (Above Poverty Line)
APL rations cards are provided to citizen above the poverty line and have an annual income more than Rs 10,000.
AAY cards (Antyodaya Anna Yojana)
AAY ration cards are given to people who do not have a stable source of income.
Who Can Apply for a Ration Card?
Anybody who is a citizen of India and wants to have a ration card but
- He/She or some other person on his behalf, has not already applied or in possession of such a card.
- He/She or any member of his family is not included in another ration card.
Documents Required for Ration Card
- Surrender certificate/Deletion certificate/No card certificate if there is no previous family card
- Proof of identity and residence
- A self-addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard.
- Three passport-sized photographs
- Details about earlier applications and rejections (if applicable)
- Details of any LPG connection
- Mobile number/email id
How to Check Uttar Pradesh Ration Card List 2021
Don’t know how to check Uttar Pradesh ration card list? Don’t worry, you can check the same by following these simple steps:
Step1 : Visit the official website of Food and Civil Supplies of UP Government
Step 2: Check NFSA Eligibility
When you take your cursor on ‘NFSA’ option shown in the screenshot above, you will see multiple options. You will have to click on the “NFSA eligibility list” which will take you to a new page showing a list of districts in Uttar Pradesh.
Step 3: Find your District
When you click on the District where you live. Then, Select your area. (There is a separate list for urban areas and rural areas). Then select your ration distributor/shopkeeper.
Step 4: Find List of Distributer
After finding the distributor, when you click on it, you will see a list of all the ration card holders under the selected distributor.
How to Apply for Uttar Pradesh Ration Card?
Don’t know how to apply for UP ration cards? Don’t fret amigos, we got your back. You can easily download and print your ration card application by following these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of FCS, UP i.e. https://fcs.up.gov.in.
- On the homepage of FCS, you will see an option ‘Download Forms’.
- When you take your cursor to ‘Download Forms’ option, you will see the a drop-down list.
- Click on ‘Application Forms’
- When you click on ‘Application Forms’, you will see see two links — Rural and Urban Ration Card forms.
- Now, select your application form link. You will see the application form.
- Now, Download the form.
- Take print-out of Ration Card application form and fill all the necessary fields.
- After filling the form, submit it at the regional CSC centre or Tehsil centre.
NOTE: (Any application form which has wrong or incomplete information will be rejected)
Q: How can I add a ration card member?
Ans: Visit your state government’s official food and civil supply dept website. There, you will see the ration card section, select ‘addition of new members’. After submitting all the required information or documents, the new member will be added once the verification of the same are completed.
Q: How much time will it take to get a new ration card?
Ans: After submitting a ration card application form with all the necessary documents, your card will be issued in 15 to 20 working days.
Q: Is there any application fee when I apply for a ration card?
Ans: No, it is completely free. However, you will have to pay Rs 100 when you collect the Ration Card.