Unlock 2: Activities that will be allowed from July 1 outside containment zones
The ministry of Home Affairs on Monday announced extension of domestic flights and train services. Night will further be relaxed from 10pm to 5am.
On Monday, the Ministry of Home Affairs introduced Unlock 2 in India. Opening up more areas and relaxing curfews outside containment zones. As per government officials, the new guidelines for Unlock 2 has been issued after extensive reports from State government and union territories across the nation.
As per the guidelines issued in Unlock 1 dated May 30, 2020, activities like religious places and places of worship for the public; hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality services; and shopping malls; have already been allowed to open from June 8, 2020, outside the Containment Zones.
Key features Unlock 2 guidelines:
1. Domestic flights and passenger trains will further be allowed to run in a controlled manner.
2. Night curfew timings are being further relaxed and curfew shall be in force from 10.00 pm to 5.00 am. Industry workers and movement of persons and goods on National and State Highways have been further permitted through buses, trains, and airplanes.
3. Shops can now allow 5 people at a time inside it depending upon their area.
4. Training institutions of the Central and State governments will be allowed to function with effect from July 15, 2020.
5. Schools, colleges and educational institutions shall remain close till July 31, 2020.
6. International air travel of passengers has been permitted in a limited manner under the Vande Bharat mission. Further operations will be begun in a calibrated manner.
Enforcement and Guidelines:
All the State governments and Union Territories are to strictly follow these issued guidelines. These guidelines are issued under the Disaster Management Act, 2005, and must be confirmed by every state.
Any person violating these measures will be liable under Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal action under Section 188 of the IPC, and other legal provisions as applicable.
Nation directives for COVID-19 include:
All person at work or otherwise is to main adequate social distancing.
Covering your face with a mask is mandatory at all times during any outing.
Large gatherings involving hordes of people remain prohibited. Marriages with only 50 people are allowed and funeral procession can be attended with only 20 members present.
Spitting in Public:
Spitting will be fined as a legal offense under the State Governments and UT’s jurisdiction.
Consumption of narcotics:
Liquor, Gutkha, paan, tobacco is prohibited from public places.
Screening and maintaining hygiene:
People attending office workplaces must maintain strict screening at the entry and exit points.
All persons must practice frequent sanitization to maintain hygiene. Along with that, workplaces must have every nook and corner of their offices sanitized.
Apart from these, metro rail, movie theatres, sports, gymnasium, and clubs allowing large gatherings to remain closed until further provisions.