Directed by Nikhil Advani, John Abraham starrer Batla House took us deep into the gruesome and controversial encounter of 2008. Batla House trailer is out, releasing on Independence Day the movie aims to bring the real story of Batla House. If you had not seen the trailer watch the video below and we also bring you the 5 top facts of Real Batla House Encounter. All the info in this article is taken from various news sources.
Facts Of Batla House Encounter:
- Operation Batla House took place on 19 September 2008 against Terrorist of Indian Mujahideen (IM).
- Encounter specialist and Delhi Police inspector Mohan Chand Sharma was martyred during the operation.
- The operation took place a week after 5 serial blasts on 13 September 2008 in Delhi killing 30 people and injuring over 100.
- The operation was carried out by a team of 7 Police officers led by Mohan Chand Sharma.
- Various politicians, media and society accuse Delhi Police of fake encounter.
- Act Now For Harmony and Democracy NGO filed a plea against the incident. Delhi High Court asked the National Human Rights Commission to enquire the Police Verison of encounter, who later gave clean chit to Delhi Police in the case.
- Act Now For Harmony and Democracy an Indian socio-cultural organization was established in response to 2002 Gujarat Riots. Social activist Shabnam Hashmi, sister of the slain activist Safdar Hashmi and founder of SAHMAT, Marxian historian Prof. K N Panikkar and social activist Harsh Mander are the founding members of ANHAD.
- Mohan Chand Sharma was the most decorated police officer who won 7 Gallantry Medals including President Of India’s Medal. He was also awarded Ashoka Chakra.