Sushant Singh Rajput’s death probe took an ugly turn when his father filed an FIR against the actor’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. KK Singh in his FIR has charged Rhea with multiple sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) including financial cheating, extortion, and abetment to suicide. The FIR also alleged that Rs 15 crore was siphoned from Sushant’s account which was run by actress Rhea Chakraborty and her family.
In the latest interview with India Today, Sushant’s CA has rebuffed the reports of any major transfer between the couple. CA Sandeep Shridhar said, “No major transfer except a few thousand to Rhea’s account. Once Rhea’s mother had transferred him Rs 33,000. He was a film star so he had to maintain his lifestyle and expenses. They both traveled together and he lived as per his wish.”
The CA has also previously been questioned by the Mumbai Police with regards to Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case. In his statement to the police, he said that the actor did not have the amount of money that is being claimed by his family members.
He added, “He would spend on shopping and further expenses like rent and other things like travel which they traveled together. His net worth was not that much as is being claimed. His income had dropped from the last one year.
Meanwhile, Rhea Chakraborty has moved the Supreme Court to seek transfer of Sushant Singh Rajput’s investigation from Bihar to Mumbai. In her petition, Rhea wrote about being in a live-in relationship with Sushant until June 8. However, the actor stated that she is being falsely implicated in the case.
Sushant Singh Rajput died by suicide on June 14th, at his Bandra apartment. The actor 34 was reportedly suffering from depression.
For More News Updates, Stay tuned to Madam 360.