Sanjay Leela Bhansali has recorded his statement with the Bandra police on Monday. The filmmaker was called in for questioning regarding the suicide of Sushant Singh Rajput. According to his statement, Sanjay Leela Bhansali denied dropping Sushant from any of his films. The filmmaker reportedly told the police that he indeed approached Sushant for ‘Goliyon Ki Raas Leela- Ram Leela’. He also said that he needed his complete attention for the project but the actor had prior commitments so he refused the film.
According to a police officer who revealed SLB’s statement, the filmmaker also said he did not approach Sushant for any of his films after the actor refused his initial offer. Sanjay Leela Bhansali was questioned by the investigation team for nearly 2 hours on the 20 questions prepared by them in the case.
A source informed Mumbai Mirror, “The statement of Bhansali centered around his (Bhansali’s) conversation with Rajput after the film/s fell through because of the earlier contractual conditions.”
Meanwhile, over 29 people close to Sushant Singh Rajput have been questioned by the police. So far, his rumored girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty, close friend Mahesh Shetty, director Mukesh Chabbra and YRF casting director Shanoo Sharma among other family members have been questioned. It is reported that filmmaker Shekhar Kapoor will further be called to record his statement on the case.
Sushant Singh Rajput died by suicide on 14th June 2020 at his Bandra residence. The actor was reportedly going through depression. His last rites were performed amidst close friends and family at Mumbai’s Pawan Hans crematorium.
For More Entertainment News, Stay tuned to Madam 360.