Home > News > Centre gives nod for CBI inquiry in Sushant Singh Rajput’s case

Centre gives nod for CBI inquiry in Sushant Singh Rajput’s case

Solicitor General Tushar Mehta stated before Supreme Court that the Centre has approved CBI investigation in the late actor's death.

A day after the Bihar Government’s recommendation, the centre has given their nod for a CBI investigation in Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case.  The CBI which falls under the Union Home Ministry will now take over the probe.

According to ANI, Solicitor General Tushar Mehta on Wednesday stated before the Supreme Court that the Centre has accepted the Bihar government’s recommendation for a CBI inquiry. This development also comes on the day that the apex court is hearing Rhea Chakraborty’s petition seeking direction for a transfer of the investigation from Patna to Mumbai.

Supreme Court on Sushant Case

The apex court in its hearing also said that the “truth should come out so far as actor’s death is concerned,” as reported by news agency PTI.

The bench of Justice Hrishikesh Roy also instructed the Mumbai Police to file a status report on the probe conducted so far in Sushant Singh Rajput’s  death within three days.

Sushant Singh Rajput’s lawyer had earlier alleged that the Mumbai police is delaying the investigation so as to destroy evidence in the case. Rhea Chakraborty’s lawyer had also claimed that the Bihar police cannot transfer the case related to the death of the actor to the CBI as it does not have jurisdiction in the matter.

“There cannot be a transfer of the case as there is no legal basis for Bihar to get involved. At most, Bihar Police can register a Zero FIR and transfer it to the Mumbai Police. The transfer of a case on which they had no jurisdiction to the CBI has no legal sanctity,” advocate Satish Maneshinde, lawyer of Rhea, told media persons.

The 34 year old Sushant Singh Rajput was found dead at his Bandra apartment on June 14th. The actor was reportedly suffering from depression.

Meanwhile, the Mumbai police has already recorded statements of over 56 people in the case. The probe in the actor’s death has now become a turf war between Maharashtra and Bihar Police.

For More News Update, Stay tuned to Madam 360.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Privacy Policy