Home > Entertainment > Actress Surekha Sikri suffers a second brain stroke, admitted to ICU

Actress Surekha Sikri suffers a second brain stroke, admitted to ICU

National Award-winning actress Surekha Sikri has been admitted to the ICU following a second brain stroke in Mumbai.

The highly acclaimed 3 time National Award-winning actress Surekha Sikri on Tuesday suffered a second brain stroke. She has currently admitted to the ICU in Mumbai hospital.

The 75-year-old actor, who last seen in Zoya Akhtar’s segment in Netflix anthology Ghost Stories, is currently in the ICU and is stable, her manager Vivek told indianexpress.com.

“This is her second stroke after November 2018. We got her admitted to the hospital in the afternoon. She is stable and doctors are examining her,” he said.

Earlier today, it was reported that Surekha Sikri sought financial help from her colleagues and friends for her treatment. Addressing the same, Vivek said that her family has got “things under control” at the moment. He further assured that many from Bollywood have, in fact, already reached out to help the actress.

“In case the family needs help, they will reach out to her colleagues,” Vivek added.

Surekha Sikri is one of the living legends of the Indian film industry. In her career spanning over four decades, she has managed to garner massive love and admiration from the television and movie industry alike. The actress has been part of films like Tamas, Mammo, Sardari Begum, and Raincoat. She is also featured in TV shows like Just Mohabbat, Banegi Apni Baat, Saat Phere, and Balika Vadhu. More recently, the actress was flooded with compliments for her role in Ayushmann Khurrana and Sanya Malhotra’s ‘Badhai Ho’.

Previously, Surekha Sikri had raised concerns over the government’s decision to bar senior actors from working amid COVID-19.

For More Entertainment Update, Stay tuned to Madam 360

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Privacy Policy