The Union Ministry of Health on Tuesday released SOP for a partial reopening of schools for class 9th and 12th students. The Unlock 4 process of reopening schools will begin on 21st September. Students can attend classes to take voluntary guidance from their teachers.
All States/UTs are expected to comply with the COVID-19 related guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. States that have already issued notification for school reopening according to unlock 4.0 guidelines from September 21 include Delhi, Bihar, and Andhra Pradesh.
SOPs issued by the Health Ministry:
1. Physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as feasible.
2. Use of face covers/masks to be made mandatory.
3. Frequent handwashing with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty. Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds) can be done wherever feasible.
4. Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed. This involves the strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing of used tissues properly.
5. Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest.S
6. Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
7. Installation & use of the Aarogya Setu App may be advised wherever feasible.
Partial reopening of schools from September 21
1. Online/distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
2. Students of class 9th to 12th shall be permitted to visit their school voluntarily for taking guidance from their teachers. This will be subject to the written consent of their parents/guardians. Such visits and teacher-student interaction must be organized in a staggered manner.
For More News Update, Stay tuned to Madam 360