How to Fix Realtek HD Audio Manager Missing in Windows 10 – Guide
Here are two easy ways to bring back Realtek HD Audio Manager in WIndows 10.
Despite having improved its High Defination Audio codecs, most Windows computer still comes with Realtek HD Audio Manager and its related drivers. There are thousands of users are complaining about Realtek HD Audio Manager missing from Windows 10.
Many have pointed that Realtek HD Audio Manager is either missing or not functioning for some absurd reason. Majority of the users’ complaint came after a Windows update or any malware being downloaded in their computer.
- How to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10
- Windows 10 Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen? 7 Best ways to fix it
Nevertheless, in this guide, we will teach you how to fix theRealtek HD Audio Manager missing issue from Windows 10. Not one, we will provide two easy ways to bring back the Realtek HD Audio Manager on Windows 10.
How to Fix Realtek HD Audio Manager Missing from Windows 10
First of all, we will update the sound driver to solve the Realtek HD Audio Manager missing issue from Windows 10. And if you continue to face the same issue, we will download the latest Realtek codecs from its official website. Here’s how to do so:
Update the Sound Driver
- Click on the start menu and open ‘Device Manager’
- Scroll down and expand the “Sound, video and game controllers” menu. After that, right-click on “Realtek High Definition Audio” and select “Update driver”.
- Now, Click on “Search automatically for drivers”. Make sure you have a reliable internet connection to proceed further.
- After navigating and installing the latest Realtek driver, it might ask you to re-start your Windows 10 PC. After that, check if Realtek HD Audio Manager is available under the system tray or inside the Control Panel. If you did not find it there then move to the next step.
- Now, we will manually re-install the Realtek driver. Select “Update driver” and choose “Browse my computer for drivers”.
- Following that, Click on “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”.
- Now, make sure to select “Realtek High Definition Audio” and click on “Next”. Once installation is done, restart your computer. This time, the Realtek HD Audio Manager should not be missing from the system tray.
Download Realtek HD Audio Manager
If the above mentioned method did not work out in your Windows 10 PC then you need to follow this section. In this way, we will first download the latest version of Realtek HD Audio Manager straight from Realtek’s official website and then install it. Here’s how to do so:
- Open Realtek Audio Manager’s official website and download either the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Realtek HD Audio Manager. Don’t know how to find whether your computer has 32 bit architecture or 64 bit? Don’t worry, just right click on “My Computer” and check “System Type”.
- Following that, Install the program on your Windows 10 computer andrestart your computer. Next, open the “C” Drive and move to Program Files -> Realtek -> Audio -> HDA folder.
- Here, you will see a few fews related to Realtek. Now, you will have to double click on “RtkNGUI64.exe” and Realtek HD Audio Manager will be back on Windows 10. Notably, in some laptops, it might show DTS or Dolby based on the manufacturer’s partnership with audio enhancement companies.
- That is one method of opening the Realtek HD Audio Manager manually. If you want to make it appear in the system tray, run the “RtkAudioService64.exe” and “RAVCpl64.exe”.
- If Realtek HD Audio Manager is still missing from the system tray then right-click on “RtkNGUI64.exe” and select “Send to”. Now, choose “Desktop (create shortcut)”. Now, you can access Realtek HD Audio Manager straight from the desktop, anytime you want.
Bring Back Realtek HD Audio Manager on Windows 10
These are two easy way to bring back Realtek Audio Manager on Windows 10. First, you can try to update the driver to the latest version. And if that does not work out on your PC then you can simply download the Realtek HD Audio Manager from the official website.