26 years of Hum Aapke Hain Koun: Madhuri Dixit recalls her most memorable film
As 'Hum Aapke Hain Koun' clocks its 26th year in the industry, Madhuri Dixit shares two then and now pictures with co-star Salman Khan on social media. A look at some of the interesting facts about the film.
Today marks the 26th year since Salman Khan’s most beloved film ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun’ was launched on the big screen. The film garnered huge praise from the audience and went on to win the National Award. It is also said to be one of the biggest blockbusters of her career. Celebrating its 26th year, Madhuri Dixit shared some then and now pictures of herself with co-star Salman Khan; that too in exactly the same pose!
Sharing the collage of two pictures on Twitter, Madhuri wrote, “Then & now! Can’t believe it’s been #26YearsOfHAHK. Remembering the fun memories & hard work of the incredible team who left no stone unturned to perfect every single scene. Thanks to everyone for watching & enjoying the film even today.”
Take a look at Madhuri Dixit’s post here:
Then & now! Can't believe it's been #26YearsOfHAHK. Remembering the fun memories & hard work of the incredible team who left no stone unturned to perfect every single scene 🎥 Thanks to everyone for watching & enjoying the film even today. बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद और ढेर सारा प्यार 🙏💝 pic.twitter.com/Rp07h3Pfiu
— Madhuri Dixit Nene (@MadhuriDixit) August 5, 2020
Madhuri and Salman Khan’s pairing in the film remains iconic to this date. Madhuri who played
Nisha was a bubbly, fun-loving girl who later falls in love with Prem who shares her equal level of crazy. The film also featured Renuka Shahane, Mohnish Bahl, Alok Nath, Reema Lagoo, Anupam Kher, Satish Shah, and Bindu among others. While the Sooraj Barjatya feature was a whopping three and a half hours, the overall 14 songs in the film went are still considered classics.
Dedicating a heartfelt post on its 26th anniversary, RajShri films wrote: “A film known for its grandeur, depiction of love, family values, and togetherness. A film that continues to rule a million hearts completes 26 years today. Thank you for loving ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun’ unconditionally. And, we are assured that the love will continue to grow in leaps and bounds because ‘Hum Aapke Hain’.”
Take a look at their post here:
View this post on Instagram
A film known for its grandeur, depiction of love, family values and togetherness. A film that continues to rule a million hearts completes 26 years today. 🤗 Thank you for loving 'Hum Aapke Hain Koun' unconditionally. And, we are assured that the love will continue to grow in leaps and bounds because 'Hum Aapke Hain'.✨ #26YearsOfHumAapkeHainKoun #26yearsofHAHK @madhuridixitnene @beingsalmankhan @mohnish_bahl @renukash710 @anupampkher #AlokNath #ReemaLagoo
Interesting facts about Hum Aapke Hain Koun:
1. The 1994 Sooraj Barjatya-directorial changed the way Indian weddings were conducted, with the film’s sangeet and games being emulated in real life.
2. It was the first Indian film to gross Rs 100 crore at the box office and was the biggest blockbusters of the 90s. It became a turning point in both Madhuri and Salman’s career.
3. HAHK won the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
4. If reports are to be believed, the film also was the first time the lead actress was paid more than the actor. Reportedly, Madhuri received a sum of Rs 2.7 crore for Hum Aapke Hain Koun, which was more than what Salman Khan was paid.
5. Madhuri’s popular purple sari from the song Didi Tera Devar Deewana became a style trend along with the matching full sleeves, backless blouse.
6. The film was a modern remake of Rajshri Productions’ 1982 film, Nadiya Ke Paar, which starred Sachin Pilgaonkar and Sadhana Singh in lead roles.
7. Late legendary painter MF Hussain claimed he was so mesmerized by Madhuri’s performance that he watched HAHK 55 times.
8. The film was reportedly offered to Aamir Khan who didn’t like the script.
Apart from this the infamous scene of Renuka Shahane falling from the stairs is still relevant for meme lovers on the internet.
For More Entertainment Update, Stay tuned to Madam 360.