Instagram Reels Guide: How to Create Videos Like TikTok
Here's how to create TIkTok style videos on Instagram Reels.
Are you missing spending time on TikTok? If yes then Instagram Reels has now taken responsibility to keep you entertained the way TikTok had been doing for months. There are plenty of apps similar to TikTok out there but almost all of them are failed to provide features to create TikTok style videos.
If you are looking for a app to create TikTok style videos then you must give Instagram Reels a shot. Since TikTok is banned in India, Instagram Reels has emerged one of the most popular TikTok alternatives in India.
In an earlier article, we have already introduced some of the best Indian TikTok alternatives. Now, we have come up with yet another feature called Instagram Reels, which might become as popular as TikTok in the days to comes.
How to create Instagram Reels
Creating Instagram Reels is quite easy but the most important step is to get Reels on your Instagram account. Instagram Reels would not have released in India soon if TikTok was not banned. Facebook is still rolling out Instagram Reels in India. There are thousands of people have the feature and millions of people don’t have it yet.
Want to create Reels? Follow these simple steps:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap the Camera icon located on the top left of the mobile screen.
- At the bottom you will see three options such as Live, Story and Reels. Tap Reels. (It is likely that you still do not have Reels option yet).
- Now, you can start creating Reels on Instagram. Notably, you can not create a video more than 15-second right now.
- To records Instagram Reels, tap the big white circle icon. You can stop the recording using the same button.
- Before you begin recording video, you have options to add effects via icons on the left side. In order to adjust the video recording speed, tap the right arrow icon which looks like the play button. You have an option to record video in slow motion at up to 0.3x or speed them up to 3x.
- In order to add some extra effect in your video, tap the smiley button and swipe right on the big white circle. This will show you all available effects and you can pick what you like. The effect icon shows up inside the big white circle and you can tap it to start recording.
- Instagram Reels lets you set a three-second timer before recording any clip. Tap the timer icon on the left and set the duration for your clip (0.1 to 15 seconds) and tap Set Timer. When you start recording, you will see a three-second timer on screen before the video begins.
- Lastly, you have an option to add music to it by pressing the music icon located on the left side of the screen. The best thing about this is it shows you the lyrics on screen and allowing you to pick any part of the song that you want to use.
- Unlike TikTok, you have the freedom to pick your favourite parts of any track.
Have you liked Instagram Reels? Will you use TikTok if it comes back or use Instagram Reels? Do let us know in the comment section below.