Instagram is undoubtedly one of the leading social media apps in the world. The app has over 10 billion downloads on Google play store with a 4.5 rating. With every recent update, Instagram is constantly trying to make itself better and user friendly. The app has made sharing videos available in both long and short format with Instagram stories and IGTV videos. However, the app did not have its own video creating/editing feature. That’s where Instagram Reels come into play.
After India banned TikTok, one of the most widely used short video creating app Instagram introduced ‘Reels’. The ban was India’s befitting reply to China after the violence at the Ladakh Valley martyred 20 Indian Soldiers. With Instagram Reels, the app stands in direct competition with TikTok. One of the best things about this added feature is that its available equally to everyone. From a private account to an open business account, anybody can use Instagram Reels. While the new feature is added in the latest update on July 8 many have been asking questions like How does Instagram Reel work? How to remove Instagram Reels? and more. If you are someone who still doesn’t understand everything about this new feature, you’re at the right place.
What is Insta Reels?
Instagram Reels is said to be futuristic and a move to compete with Chinese app TikTok in the short video app market. With Reels on Instagram, users can express themselves while entertaining others, whether by trying out a fun new dance or spreading the message on something they care about. People can record and edit 15-second multi-clip videos with various creative tools on Reels. One can also share them with their followers on Feed, especially public account users can make their reels available to the wider Instagram community through a new space in Explore.
Where to find Reels on Instagram?
1. Click on the story icon on the top left corner of the app and swipe left.
2. You will find the Reels option among the existing ones including Boomerang, filters, and more.
3. You can select audio from the Instagram Music library. The app has a massive audio collection for users to enjoy creating Reels. The app also lets users impersonate characters similar to TikTok. One can even add effects, set timer, and speed to edit videos with the options available.
How to remove Reels from Instagram?
Once you have created your Reel, you can share it with your followers or everyone on Instagram. It can be shared to Feed with a ‘Reels’ icon just as an IGTV icon. However, after sharing your Instagram Reels, you may feel like removing them from your account. If you want to learn how to remove Reels from Instagram, follow the steps given below:
1. To remove Reels from Instagram, tap on the ‘Three Dots’ above your post.
2. Then, tap on the ‘Delete’ option. Tap Delete again to confirm the submission.
3. You can also archive posts to hide them from your profile and make it so your followers and other people on Instagram cannot see it.