Have you forgotten your UAN password and looking for ways to reset it? If yes then this guide will definitely help you out. In this guide, we will explain how you can easily reset or change UAN password when you have no idea what your password was.
In order to reset your UAN password, you must have a registered mobile number and some basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender and Aadhar/PAN card number handy. If you don’t have these things in your hand, it is likely that you will receive a message showing an error.
Without any further ado, lets go through the guide:
How to Change Mobile Number in UAN if forgotten Password
It is quite easy to change your mobile number in UAN if it is forgotten. What all you have to do is to follow some easy steps:
- Go to UAN website of EPF at UAN New Website
- Click on a option ‘Forgot Password’
- Enter your UAN Number and Captcha Correctly and Click on Verify.
- You will be shown a registered mobile number. If you want to change that number, you will have to click on NO.
- A new window will appear on your screen asking you to provide some basic details such as your Name, Date of Birth, Gender, KYC Type, and Document Number.
- Fill all the fields correctly and Click on Verify near the Document number.
- Once details verified. You can enter your new Mobile number and receive OTP on it.
- Then enter your Passwords twice.
- You will see a message pop up on the screen ‘Your password has been successfully changed’.
- Now, you can log in at UAN website with a brand new number and password.
How to recover and reset UAN password if Mobile number is not changed
There are certain steps that you need to following to recover or reset your UAN password if mobile number is not changed.
- Visit EPFO website at UAN: Home
- Click on Forgot Password
- After entering your UAN Number and Captcha, Click on Verify.
- You will see a mobile number linked to your UAN account on the screen of your PC. If you want to change it, Click on NO.
- Click on Get Authorized Pin
- An OTP will be sent to registered mobile number.
- You will receive an OTP message as Dear Mr. ABC XYZ. Your OTP corresponding to OTP id 6000 is 3937.
- Enter the PIN to set a new password for your UAN account. Notably, do not use OTP instead of PIN.
- Enter the OTP PIN at Enter Authorization Pin.
- Enter the new Password. Your new password must have minimum 7 characters and maximum 20 characters. You can use minimum 4 alphabets, 2 digits and 1 special characters. At least one character out of 4 alphabets must be Capital and one small letter.
- Confirm the new password and Click on submit button.
- Now, Login to UAN website with your new password
How to Reset and Change UAN password after Logging in UAN
Similar to Aadhar or Pan Card number, UAN is a 12 digit number allotted to each Employee Provident Fund(EPF) member by the Employee Provident Fund Organization(EPFO). Once the number activated, each employees can access his or her account at anytime and check whether PF amount is being deposited in their account every month or not.
When does one set up UAN password?
Once your UAN number activated, you can set up UAN password. What all you have to do is to log on to the official website. When you click on Activate UAN Based Registration, you will be asked to enter your UAN number, mobile number and member ID. You will get an authorisation PIN on your mobile.
How to Change UAN Password
- Go to official website of UAN Member e Sewa
- Login to UAN Portal using your new password and UAN number.
- Click on Account>Change Password
- Enter the old password and twice password twice. Remember, your UAN password should be alphanumeric, have minimum 1 special character and 8-25 character long. Special characters are one of ! @ # $ % ^ & * ). Click on Update.
- You will see a message appearing on the screen ‘Your have successfully changed your password’.
- You would also get a SMS on your registered mobile number. You have successfully change your password against UAN <UAN number> on UAN Member portal.