Have you already applied for driving licence? If yes then do you know how to check driving licence application status? Don’t worry amigos, we got your back.
First of all you must know that it takes a lot of time to get your driving licence delivered by post. Instead of waiting for the Driving Licence (DL) to arrive by post, you have an option to visit the respective Regional Transport Office(RTO) with your token number to check your driving licence status.
If you want to check driving licence number by your own, you will have to visit the Sarathi website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. Here are some steps to check DL application status.
How to check Driving Licence (DL) Application Status
Before we explain how to check your driving licence number, let me tell you that it is mandatory to have cleared your parmanent driving licence test, applied for an international DL, applied for a duplicate DL, or submitted your DL renewal application.
Here are some easy steps to check your driving licence application status:
- Visit parivahan.gov
- On the main page of the website, you will be asked to select the state you opted for DL service. Please select the state and proceed.
- The moment you select the state, your page will be redirected to the main page where you find plenty of of options.
- On your left hand side, under “Driving Licence”, expand the options under the “Apply Online” tab.
- You will have to select “Application Status” from the options.
- Once you select “Application Status”, you will be asked to enter the Application Number and your date of birth, and click on “Submit”.
- Once you submit the information, you will see the status of your driving licence application on the screen.
With the advance technology and wide use of internet, you can check your driving licence application status within a minute.
How to do Driving Licence Status Enquiry
- Please visit the official website of your state-specific transport department. Notably, the website of each state is different. Make sure you visit the right website.
- Once you select the right state, you will see a link to “Check the status of your driving licence”.
- Please select the link and enter your DOB, DL number and your state to find the details.
- Additionally, you have an option to visit the Sarathi website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways to find check the status of your Indian driving licence online.
- Once, you visit the Sarathi website, on your left hand side, you will find an option called “Status of Licence” under “National Register(DL) Queries.”
- Once you select the “Status of Licence”, you will be asked to enter your date of birth, DL number, and your state. Please enter the details and click on “Submit”.
- You will be able to see the status of your driving licence in the next page.
Note: The RTO will deliver your driving licence almost two weeks from the time when you have cleared your Driving Licence test. It roughly takes a month for you to get the DL delivered to your home. Make sure you have someone at your doorstep with a valid ID proof to collect the Driving Licence on your behalf if you are not there
FAQ about driving licence status
1. Is there list of vehicle I can check the DL status for or can I check for all types of vehicles?
Ans: You need a driving licence to ride or drive any vehicle in India. Hence, you will be able to check the status of driving licence of any vehicles that required DL to be operated. The different vehicles that demand DL are:
- Non-geared two-wheeler vehicles
- Two-wheelers in geared class
- Four-wheelers (Both automatic and geared)
- All commercial vehicles
- All transport vehicles
2. What are the information I should keep ready before checking my DL status online?
Ans: What all you need to have in your hand while checking your DL status online is your application number that you got when you applied for a DL. This can also be called as ‘Reference Number’ or ‘Token Number’.
Besides Token number, you will also be asked to provide basis details of your such as your full name, date of birth, and the state where DL was issued.
3. When is the right time for me to check for my DL status online?
Ans: Whether you have applied for a new DL or submitted for renewal, it is advisable to check it after two weeks for backend process. Generally, in the third week, your DL will be sent by post to you.
4. Is there any fees to check the DL status?
Ans: No. There are no fees to access the website or check your DL application status.
5. How do I save the DL status that I see on the screen?
Ans: You will be allowed to be printed and save the details you see on the screen.
For more such information, stay tuned to Madam 360.