Understand The Chronology: Here’s How To Binge-Watch The Pirates Of The Caribbean Film Series
Here's the order to watch the Pirates of the Caribbean film series
For all those who have heard all the buzz around the infamous Pirates of the Caribbean film series, here’s the order to binge-watch it:
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) dir. Gore Verbinski
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (2006) dir. Gore Verbinski
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (2007) dir. Gore Verbinski
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011) dir. Rob Marshall
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017) dir. Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg
Five films in total are lined up, making for a lengthy but an extremely gripping watch. Critics and audiences sparked a debate regarding the gradual decline of the film series as it went along, but nonetheless, they all raked in huge box-office success.
Undoubtedly, The first one is a terrific film and has won our hearts over. However, the second one really benefits from losing itself further in the world of fantasy.
Bill Nighy’s role as Davy Jones is worth all the praises, and it’s quite a spectacular experience to become immersed in the microverse which is the Flying Dutchman. As far as action sequences are concerned, the Kraken assault is possibly the most impressive piece of the entire franchise and remains absolutely breathtaking.
With the first instalment of the film, we could conclude that this was an exciting world to be a part of, but Dead Man’s Chest takes the more offbeat elements and runs with them, roping in exciting new characters while still devoting time to the ones we are already attached to.