Actor Ansh Bagri who recently finished shooting for ‘Vellapanti ‘ in Punjab returned to Delhi 10 days back. As reported by the Times Of India, the actor was beaten up by a group of 8-10 men just outside his home in Paschim Vihar, Delhi on Saturday. He is reported to suffer head injuries in the scuffle. The Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji actor filed a complaint with the Paschim Vihar Police on the same day.
Ansh is currently staying at his Delhi home with his mother and sister. The actor’s house has been under construction for the past year. In his conversation with TOI, the actor said “the attack was planned by a contractor who was earlier given charge of the construction of the house, but this year in March, he decided to leave the work after an argument over the payment of dues.”
Reason Behind the Incident
The actor said, “The construction of this house is very close to my heart and is my dream, so even while I was busy with my shoots in Mumbai, I wanted to get the work started here. My mother told me about this contractor and I told her that if she thinks he is good, we can get the construction work started.”
“Around Diwali last year, I found out that he was not completing the work, as promised, on time and gave him a warning, but he pleaded to stay on. In March, he demanded more money and I told him that I will only pay the remaining amount after the work is completely finished. The initial deal was of Rs 21 lakh, out of which I had already paid this guy Rs 16 lakh by March,” he further
He further said that things got uglier when the lockdown happened. “There was a lot of work still pending. We had an argument and he decided to leave the work and then the lockdown happened. I was in Mumbai during the lockdown and this contractor would threaten my mother and sister and would say things like ‘Ghar se uthwa lunga.’ I was scared and filed a police complaint against him in May for threatening and harassing my mother and sister and action was also taken and he was warned.”
On Saturday’s Incident
When asked about the incident on Saturday, the actor shared, “At present, we have a new contractor and work is going on. On Saturday, a few men came to my home and they said that they wanted to talk to me. I went outside and could see this contractor making a video and these men started gathering around me. I sensed something was wrong and immediately, I called the police and they said they were on their way. After asking these men what they wanted, I thought I should go back inside. As I turned, one man pushed me and around 8-10 of them started beating me up.”
Ansh suffered head injuries in the incident and also recalled how no one in his neighborhood came forward to help him. “It was so disheartening to see that there were people on the road watching 8-10 men beating up one guy and no one came forward to help me apart from one uncle who risked his life and stepped forward. Thank god that the police came on time and rescued me.”
For More News Update, Stay tuned to Madam 360.