Amit Sadh is currently enjoying the much-deserved success of Amazon series Breathe: Into The Shadows. The actor began his journey with the popular television show Kyunn Hota Hai Pyaar before transitioning into films. However, in a recent conversation, he revealed being banned from the TV medium as opposed to leaving it.
In an interview with Bollywood Hungama, Amit said, “I did not leave television to go to the movies. On television, they banned me. They called each other and said, ‘Isko kaam mat do (Don’t give him work).’ Toh Phir Maine Kaha, ‘Achcha? Nahi de rahe ho? Toh Phir main picture mein jaaunga (Then I said, ‘Oh? You won’t give me work here? Then I will do films)’ The actor admitted that his outspokenness got him blacklisted.
Amit also revealed an incident where a big producer called him and talked about his reputation despite being a good actor. “Maine usko bhi bol diya, ‘Sir, galat karoge, ladunga (I told him as well, ‘If you do something wrong, I will fight)’,” he said.
However, the actor later decided to put all his anger and frustrations into his craft and eventually met some good people. He said, “Destiny never changes with money, but sometimes it turns by meeting good people too.”
Amit Sadh made his Bollywood debut in Ram Gopal Verma’s Phoonk 2. Since then he has worked in notable films include Kai Po Che!, Sultan, Sarkar 3, Gold among others. His recently released Breathe: Into the Shadows has been receiving wide acclaim all over.
Meanwhile, he will also be seen in Tigmanshu Dhulia’s crime drama Yaara, alongside Vidyut Jammwal, Vijay Varma, Shruti Haasan, and Sanjay Mishra. The film is scheduled for a direct-to-digital release on July 30.