Hey, are you looking for ways to add Internet Download Manager (IDM) in Chrome? If yes then this guide will surely help you out. Here are some steps that you need to follow to add IDM in Chrome browser.
- First of all, you will have to open Program Files (X86) and find Internet Download Manager folder.
- In that folder, you have to find a file named IDMGCExt.crx.
- After finding that file, drag and drop the same file in the Google Chrome extensions tab.
- The IDM extentions will be installed the Chrome browser.
If you are addicted to download videos, movies, and software from the internet then you must have an idea what Internet Download Manager (IDM) is.
All the latest browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera now come with in-built downloaders. However, these in-built download managers are not as best as IDM when it comes to download big files.
How to add IDM Extension in Chrome
What most of the people use to download movies, TV shows, songs and software across the globe is Internet Download Manager (IDM). There are certain reasons that make people to use IDM is it provides faster download speed than any other downloaders out there.
What makes IDM popular among the people is it also provides an option to download movies, TV shows, web series, serials and drama, when you play it any streaming sites.
The moment you install IDM, its extension will automatically be added in Chrome browser. Once you added IDM in Chrome, you will see an option ‘Download This Video’ whenever you watch videos, Movies, TV shows and anything on YouTube and any other streaming site.
If you are seeing ‘Download This Video’ option whenever you play any video, it means you have successfully added IDM extension in Chrome and it is working perfectly. If you are finding hard to add IDM in Chrome and having issue regarding the same, feel free to inform us in the comment section below.
Why people face problem while adding IDM extension in Chrome
First of all you need to check is whether your IDM is updated or not. If its not up to date and not seeing IDM Download Tab whenever you play video, then you must be having an issue in the extension.
On the other hand, if you are using an outdated version there are chances you might face a lot of trouble while downloading any content from the internet. You must be wondering why IDM needs to be updated very frequently, you must know that an outdated IDM fails to add its extension “IDM Integration Module” in chrome browser.
This happens because of compatibility issues. Hence, in order to remove those issues, you will have to update IDM.
How to check whether IDM extension is updated or not?
If you do not know whether you IDM extension is updated or not, you will have to follow these given steps:
- Open Internet Download Manager (IDM) and Click on Help.
- Now, Click on Check for Updates
- If your IDM extension is updated, you will see a message which reads”
“You are using the latest version of Internet Download Manager. Please check back again for updates at a later time.“
If your IDM extension is outdated then it will start downloading the latest IDM version and install it on your computer.
Despite updating IDM extension, if you are still facing problems while downloading any content from the internet. You will have to add IDM extension manually or check IDM browser integration settings.
How to Check IDM Browser Integration Settings
You will have to follow these gives step to check browser integration settings;
- Click on Options.
- After clicking on Options, you will have to check if “Use advanced browser integration” is enabled or not.
- If it is not enabled then enable it to add IDM extension in chrome.
- Check if Google Chrome is enabled under “Capture downloads from the following browsers” list.
- If Google Chrome is not enabled then enable it.
If this too does not solve the problem you have been facing there is only one thing that can help you to add IDM extension in Chrome. As we all know, there are numerous IDM integration module extensions in Chrome Web store and some of them are fake as well.
In order to save your time, we have decided to provide a link of the IDM extension for your convenience.
How to Download the IDM Extension
In order to add the IDM Integration module extension, you are required to follow these steps.
- You must have IDM installed in your PC or Laptop.
- If you have already installed then use the following link to add the IDM extension in chrome.
- After clicking on this link, you will have to click on ‘Add to Chrome’
- Now, click on add extension to Install IDM extension in Chrome.
- Now, you will see the IDM logo on the top-right of Google Chrome where all installed extension logos are.
- Now the part where we will tell you how to add IDM extension in chrome via .crx file drag and drop in chrome extension window.
These are multiple ways to add IDM extension in Chrome. If the problem still persist, then it would be better to re-install IDM in your PC or laptop. It is likely that you will have a situation when IDM extension would not work properly. But, do not worry, it happens sometimes.